Yes, I have big feet – size 11 or 12 fits me the best, anything less and I am cursing all day!
It is very hard for me to find shoes that fit in Asia – I generally order from USA or Europe online or when I visit once a year or once in 2 years. I replenish my stock of footwear 🙂
Buying online is not the best option, especially for footwear, but I end up doing it sometimes. Most of the time it is ok, but sometimes I have regretted my choices.
In Singapore, my footwear haven is Pedalworks. Their prices have almost doubled in 5 years but they have a wide variety of options to choose from.
Some tips when buying footwear:
- If you are buying them online, do measure your feet accurately, from big toe to heel
- Go shoe shopping in the afternoons, when your feet are the biggest in size
- My left foot is slightly bigger than the right foot; so always get the size that fit your bigger foot
- Comfort is key – style comes later
- Make sure your shoes aren’t so tight that they cut off blood supply to your feet!
- If shoes lead to blisters repeatedly, it is time to throw/give them away – no pain is worth that!
Here I am sharing some of my favorite footwear and from where I bought them.
Photographs by Sonal Sharma and me 🙂 Click on the pics to view them clearly.
Others: (Models Vipra and Kirthi for broad feet)