Hey everyone! Welcome to my fashion, wellness, lifestyle and travel blog – Yes, I am Curvalicious.
I am Sandhya Sriram, an entrepreneur-scientist and I have recently ventured into blogging. My two blogs are Yes, I am Curvalicious (fashion/wellness/lifestyle blog) and Travel n Better Blog (travel blog).
Why this blog?
The reason I started this fashion/wellness/lifestyle blog (Yes, I am Curvalicious) is due to the frustration of not finding good-looking, sexy, awesome, affordable plus size/normal size clothes and footwear in Singapore and SE Asia, in general. I had to buy clothes online from the US or shop in India… but shopping online is not always great – everyone knows that!
Over the last 9 years of living in Singapore and traveling extensively in Asia and the rest of the world, I identified brands and shops that cater to my needs and offer comfortable clothes – cos I am all about comfort – especially during vacations, running behind a toddler and to work/live in this hot and humid climate/aircon work spaces.
This blog features those brands and styles that I love and wanted to share with all of you. Apart from fashion and style trends, I will also be sharing wellness/fitness and health related snippets…cos science and healthcare is in the air I breathe 🙂 and I believe that you can be any size you want/are, but you should be healthy…
And the travel (Travel n Better Blog) is dedicated to Vijay Ram’s (my schoolmate) and my passion for travel and quenching our thirst for wanderlust. Also, what best way to promote fashion than with travel? Everyone loves to travel nowadays be it near their residential country or to the other side of the world and the first thing a man or a woman does after making travel plans is to decide what best clothes and accessories to wear during the trip… and take amazing pictures and selfies!
So welcome here and thanks for visiting. Do subscribe to receive all the latest updates!
Other updates from me
I recently also launched a web resource hub, SciGlo, which is all about helping people in STEM. I am a science enthusiast and I wear many hats – Founder & Director, SciGlo; Co-founder and Author, Biotechin.Asia; startup mentor at Vertical VC; and a mother of a very active and inquisitive toddler!
I graduated with a PhD in Biological Sciences @ NTU, Singapore and live in Singapore with my husband, kiddo and mom. I am extremely fond of good vegetarian food and love to travel in comfort and style.
Scientist-entrepreneur-blogger: This is what describes me
Facebook: Sandhya Sriram
These are some of the things I do on a day-to-day basis 🙂 I like to write on science, travel, fashion, lifestyle and some personal stories as well.
- Mogul influencer – A business partnership is like a marriage; one is tougher than the other.
- Mogul influencer – Launching my very own plus size collection – Curvalicious.
- Mogul influencer – Why I launched a website to review labs and professors? Only one reason – TO HELP.
- Mogul influencer – How my first startup ruined my life, made my career and left me thinking, A LOT.
- Nature Biotechnology Trade Secrets blog – Bioentrepreneur: Collaborate, not compete.
- A*STAR Research Voices from A*STAR blog – The impact of the media on scientific research.
- Nature Biotechnology Trade Secrets blog – Bioentrepreneur: Bio-leaders of Tomorrow.
- Female Founders Singapore: Follow A Female Founder: Dr Sandhya Sriram.
- Forbes Magazine – Women@Forbes: The Best Advice 11 Inspiring Women In Tech Would Give To Their College Selves.
- Face-to-face with Sandhya Sriram – Club SciWri.
- Scientist-Journalist-Entrepreneur: In talks with Sandhya Sriram of Biotechin.Asia – Feministaa.
- How to Craft Your Own Career, According to a Scientist-Journalist-Entrepreneur – Breaking Hoops.
- Take the Plunge: Go Beyond Your Sector! – Triptych.
- Invited guest – Secrets of Womanhood talk show on Colors TV.
- Interview with Leader of Tomorrow 2016, Dr Sandhya Sriram (Global Biotech Revolution, Gap Summit 2016, University of Cambridge, UK).
- Meet the Media: Featuring founding team of Biotechin.Asia (PR Newswire Asia).
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- MTI Awards 2017 Borderless – One-North Festival project.
- Borderless Award – A*STAR Awards 2017, for One-North Festival 2016.
- Young Scientist Award, Venus International Research Awards (2016).
- Leader of Tomorrow at Gap Summit 2016 organized by Global Biotech Revolution, University of Cambridge, UK (April 2016).
- Stem Cell Society Singapore (SCSS) Overseas Travel Fellowship Award 2015 (OTFP15).
- Nanyang Research Scholarship for PhD in Biological Sciences (2011-2013).
- Ministry of Education Tier 2 funding-Academic Research Council (2009-2011).
- Academic Merit Scholarship for MSc Biotechnology, DG Vaishnav College (2007-2008).
- Education Scholarship for BSc Microbiology (2003-2005).
- Career Session: Academia and Beyond at SCSS Young Investigators’ Symposium 2017 (October 2017).
- Falling Walls Lab Singapore – SciGlo (September 2017).
- Invited speaker at Science Café Singapore – “Can an orange a day keep the doctor away?” (August 2017).
- Invited speaker at MeetUp session organized by A*PECSS, A*STAR, Singapore (July 2017).
- Moderator RISE conference, Hong Kong: “Will wearables make us healthier?” (July 2017).
- Invited speaker at fireside chat at BiZit, NUS, Singapore on disruptive innovation (June 2017).
- Talk on “Careers: The right track for you” for biotech and biomedical students at JNCASR, Bangalore, India (April 2017).
- Speaker at F*UP Nights Singapore (April 2017).
- Speaker, “Girls2Pioneer” STEM Program at Methodist Girls School, Singapore organized by Singapore Committee for UN Women (March 2017).
- Speaker at Women’s Symposium 2017, organized by Up Your Game and Sanrakshan, Singapore (March 2017).
- Career tracks for biotech and biomedical sectors workshop at University of Hyderabad, India (October 2016).
- Women in Science: Gender disparity and awareness talk at University of Hyderabad, India (October 2016).
- Science communications workshop at Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India (October 2016).
- Invited speaker at Women in Science Event at A*STAR (June 2016).
- Moderator at Machine Stage-RISE conference, Hong Kong: “Wearables we actually want to wear” (May/June 2016).
- Mentor for startups on PR, Marketing and publicity strategies at RISE conference, Hong Kong (May/June 2016).
- Judge at Pitch Stage at RISE conference, Hong Kong (May/June 2016).
- Invited lecture at Yishun Junior College, Singapore: “Stem cells-the science, the facts and the future” (May 2016).
- Invited to judge graduate oral presentations at Biomedical Engineering Society’s (BES) 10th Scientific Meeting at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore (May 2016).
- Invited speaker at Anderson Junior College, Singapore: “Career options for science students/graduates” (April 2016).
- Invited speaker at Biomedical Engineering Society 25th Anniversary; talk on career opportunities for biomedical engineering/sciences students and entrepreneurship at NTU, Singapore (March 2016).
- Talk on “Careers: The right track for you” at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore organized by Biotechin.Asia (August 2015).
- Invited speaker at “Let’s Chat Biomedical – Design your career path”: talk on entrepreneurship and scientific journalism, organized by Biomedical Engineering Society at ESSEC Business School, Singapore (July 2015).