Hey everyone! Welcome to my fashion, wellness, lifestyle and travel blog – Yes, I am Curvalicious.
I am Sandhya Sriram, an entrepreneur-scientist and I have recently ventured into blogging. My two blogs are Yes, I am Curvalicious (fashion/wellness/lifestyle blog) and Travel n Better Blog (travel blog).
Why this blog?
The reason I started this fashion/wellness/lifestyle blog (Yes, I am Curvalicious) is due to the frustration of not finding good-looking, sexy, awesome, affordable plus size/normal size clothes and footwear in Singapore and SE Asia, in general. I had to buy clothes online from the US or shop in India… but shopping online is not always great – everyone knows that!
Over the last 9 years of living in Singapore and traveling extensively in Asia and the rest of the world, I identified brands and shops that cater to my needs and offer comfortable clothes – cos I am all about comfort – especially during vacations, running behind a toddler and to work/live in this hot and humid climate/aircon work spaces.
This blog features those brands and styles that I love and wanted to share with all of you. Apart from fashion and style trends, I will also be sharing wellness/fitness and health related snippets…cos science and healthcare is in the air I breathe 🙂 and I believe that you can be any size you want/are, but you should be healthy…
And the travel (Travel n Better Blog) is dedicated to Vijay Ram’s (my schoolmate) and my passion for travel and quenching our thirst for wanderlust. Also, what best way to promote fashion than with travel? Everyone loves to travel nowadays be it near their residential country or to the other side of the world and the first thing a man or a woman does after making travel plans is to decide what best clothes and accessories to wear during the trip… and take amazing pictures and selfies!
So welcome here and thanks for visiting. Do subscribe to receive all the latest updates!
Other updates from me
I recently also launched a web resource hub, SciGlo, which is all about helping people in STEM. I am a science enthusiast and I wear many hats – Founder & Director, SciGlo; Co-founder and Author, Biotechin.Asia; startup mentor at Vertical VC; and a mother of a very active and inquisitive toddler!
I graduated with a PhD in Biological Sciences @ NTU, Singapore and live in Singapore with my husband, kiddo and mom. I am extremely fond of good vegetarian food and love to travel in comfort and style.
Scientist-entrepreneur-blogger: This is what describes me
Facebook: Sandhya Sriram
These are some of the things I do on a day-to-day basis 🙂 I like to write on science, travel, fashion, lifestyle and some personal stories as well.
- Mogul influencer – A business partnership is like a marriage; one is tougher than the other.
- Mogul influencer – Launching my very own plus size collection – Curvalicious.
- Mogul influencer – Why I launched a website to review labs and professors? Only one reason – TO HELP.
- Mogul influencer – How my first startup ruined my life, made my career and left me thinking, A LOT.
- Nature Biotechnology Trade Secrets blog – Bioentrepreneur: Collaborate, not compete.
- A*STAR Research Voices from A*STAR blog – The impact of the media on scientific research.
- Nature Biotechnology Trade Secrets blog – Bioentrepreneur: Bio-leaders of Tomorrow.
- Female Founders Singapore: Follow A Female Founder: Dr Sandhya Sriram.
- Forbes Magazine – Women@Forbes: The Best Advice 11 Inspiring Women In Tech Would Give To Their College Selves.
- Face-to-face with Sandhya Sriram – Club SciWri.
- Scientist-Journalist-Entrepreneur: In talks with Sandhya Sriram of Biotechin.Asia – Feministaa.
- How to Craft Your Own Career, According to a Scientist-Journalist-Entrepreneur – Breaking Hoops.
- Take the Plunge: Go Beyond Your Sector! – Triptych.
- Invited guest – Secrets of Womanhood talk show on Colors TV.
- Interview with Leader of Tomorrow 2016, Dr Sandhya Sriram (Global Biotech Revolution, Gap Summit 2016, University of Cambridge, UK).
- Meet the Media: Featuring founding team of Biotechin.Asia (PR Newswire Asia).